I have had several annoying experiences with lateness; getting late to a venue or location I am supposed to be early to. Of course, it doesn’t always look good when I arrive late at places I am supposed to be early to.
Each time this happens, it gets to me because I don’t like being late, or appearing not serious or unprepared for wherever I was going.
However, this has soon improved because I have come to realize the importance of punctuality, as well as practical tips that can help me be more punctual.
Whether its work you are going to or you are going for an interview, a meeting, or an event, you know that one of the key things to have in mind is being punctual to the place.
As we know, we can’t predict the way the road will be, or predict the occurrences that we will encounter on the road. And personally, I don’t like when I am being frowned at or given a disapproving look because I arrived late to where I was supposed to be early to.
Some of the advantages of punctuality are:
- You look more prepared for what you are going for.
- You have time to settle-down before the occasion/event starts or before you start work.
- It shows that you take your work seriously
- You get less stressed, because you are not trying to rush to where you are going to, etc.
And so, it is important to find ways we can be more punctual, here are some practical tips for punctuality:
- Get enough sleep: you need to get enough sleep the night before that day, so that when you wake up, you won’t feel drowsy.
- Prepare the night before: in addition, you need to prepare the night before. You need to prepare your bag and put whatever it is you want to put inside. Also, you need to prepare the cloth and the shoe you will wear and put them aside. The need for this is so that you won’t have to be doing all these in the morning, and so as to save enough time in the morning.
- Estimate correctly: you need to also correctly estimate the time needed for you to get to where you are going to, in order to effectively plan.
- Plan to get there before the exact time: for instance, if you know it will take you an hour to get somewhere, and you need to get there by 9:00 am, you can plan with an extra time in mind e.g.you plan to get there 8:00 am. This is so that even though anything comes up like traffic for instance, you will still get to where you are going on time. Also, it will help you to settle down early enough for what you are going for. For instance, if you are going for a meeting, and you get there before the time, you get to settle down early, bring out the materials you need for the interview, etc.
- Wake up early enough: also, you need to wake up early enough so that you can have time to do the things you need to do before you go out.
Do you have tips for punctuality that you would like to share with us? Please share with us in the comment box below.
Also, don’t forget to like and share this article. Thank you.