There is so much frenzy in rush, so much stress is not pausing to catch our breath. Grappling with more than we can handle can be a signal for oncoming stress.
I have experienced this several times.
What has happened to moments for rest, pause, and catching our breath?
When we give time to taking breaks, pausing, and catching our breaths; stress might not come around the corner.
I love love a time to rejuvenate and recharge, and so, when I catch myself in a moving pace I know isn’t good for me, I pause and catch my breath.
Sometimes, this helps me reflect on the things I have done earlier.
In order not to get overloaded, overwhelmed, as well as confused; we need to take things one at a time.
We need to take the hustling and the bustling with caution; with the proverbial slow and steady.
Sometimes I get tempted to want to rush everything and grapple with so much in so little time, but I forget that slow and steady like they say wins the race.
Even in our little activities and dealings; when we stuff down so much on ourselves, we get stressed, overwhelmed, and sometimes distracted.
So how can we take things one step at a time, without trying to do so much that we can’t handle:
- Don’t forget to relax: relaxation is important. However, we sometimes mistake relaxation for being lazy. Relaxation isn’t laziness and it shouldn’t be substituted for laziness. Deep down you know when you are being lazy, and laziness shouldn’t be something you should condone. However, in a bid to avoid laziness, don’t mistake the time you need to relax for a moment of laziness.
- Set your priorities right: sometimes we might get faced with lots of things to do at the same time, but if we can set our priorities right and do the things in the right order, we will do them at the right time. And so, when you set your priorities right, you know what things to take before another.
- Enjoy the little things: don’t forget to be aware of what’s going on around you. Stop and smell the roses.
- Be disciplined with your time: just because you are trying to take things one step at a time, doesn’t mean you should waste time. Taking things one step at a time doesn’t mean laziness or wasting time, rather it means doing things at the right time, as well moving at the right pace you ought to move. And so, you need to be disciplined with your time.
- Focus: focus on your tasks and cut off distractions. Do the things you need to do during the period you need to do them, and let go of things that can distract you, or make you want to take up more than you can handle.
How do you take things at a time? Please share with us in the comment box below.
Also, please like, share, and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog, to get more encouraging articles like this straight iinto your inbox. Thank you.